Τετάρτη, Μαΐου 20, 2009

Mal du depart.


I will stay always an ideal and worthless lover
of distant travels and blue seas,
and I will die one night as all the other nights,
without threading the misty line of the horizons.

For Madras, Singapore, Algeria and Sfax,
will deport as always the proud ships,
and I, bent over a desk with nautical maps,
I will add up sums in thick accounting books.

I will stop talking about far travels,
my friends will think that I have finally forgotten them,
and my mother, happy, will tell to anyone who asks,
"It was a youthful craziness, but now it has passed".

But one night my self in front of me will rise,
And like a ferocious judge will ask me to apologize,
and this worthless hand of mine that shakes, will get armed,
it will take aim and fearless will hit the culprit.

And I, that so much desired to be buried one day,
in a deep sea of the farfetched Indies,
I will have a common and very sad death,
and a funeral like the funerals of many people.
Category: Music
Tags:
NIKOS KAVADIAS KOSTAS KARALIS "Ιδανικός κι ανάξιος εραστής"

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: